Oh my heck! We had such a busy weekend and yet it doesn't seem like we actually did that much! Do you ever feel that way? Saturday morning both of the boys had soccer games. Austin's team got their hiney's kicked. It was a little frustrating because he was running what little hiney he has off and his entire team looked like they were in slow motion. It drove me crazy and made me glad I am not their coach! It's hard to be a parent on the side lines when you wish you could be out there playing. Plus, it totally sucks to see your kids disappointed at a loss. I know I should be teaching him that it's just fun to play...blah blah blah. But let's face it, our society is all about winning! And Austin wants to win. I am sure this debate will rage on....
Collin's game was just fun. He is getting better and not pucshing other kids down! He still squeals with excitment when he kicks the ball. At his age, they play to have fun. Thank heavens! But, for the record, his team did win. (They don't keep score at his level! Well, the league doesn't and I am almost positive that I am not the only parent who does!)
After soccer we had a little bit of time so I took the older boys to Wal Mart while the babies napped and Travis put the new TV stand together. I hate going to Wal Mart with every ounce of my soul. It's too bad that I am such a sucker for their low prices! I then went to this awesome place called My Girlfriends Kitchen. I had so much fun putting together meals for my family. I am hoping it will save me a lot of time and headache. I will let you know how they taste! We also had the missionaries over for dinner. By the time they left, I was so tired. Unfortunately it was too early to send the kids to bed. So, we let the Wii entertain them.
I came home from church Sunday just plain grumpy. I was beyond tired. Taking 4 kids to church every Sunday is, sometimes, more trouble than it is worth. Plus, Travis and I both have callings that require our attention for the remainder of the block. So, I have to try and do my stuff while keeping the twins happy. I think one day I will just open the door to the relief society room and throw them in! So, I came home and slept!
So, that was our weekend. Crazy! Now I am slowing trying to recover and bury myself out of the piles of laundry and dishes. Wish me luck!
2 comments:
I had that kind of weekend also! It seemed like I never sat down but at the same time it felt like I got NOTHING done!
My Girlfriends Kitchen is awesome! We had one but it is not there anymore. They had good food and it saves a ton of time!
Is it bad that I feel that way every weekend and I only have one kid and she can't even move by herself yet? :)
You are a great mom. How you are handling life with five boys, I will never get :)
I love reading your blog. I feel like we get to talk, somewhat, everytime I do. So thanks for posting!!
Post a Comment