Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Choices
I am going to make better choices today. I have always believed that you choose the way you feel and you choose how you will react to a situation. I chose poorly yesterday. I was just in a bad mood. I let things bother me that shouldn't. I made a big deal out of little things. (Okay, Austin and Collin pouring water and juice ALL OVER my table was a big deal....and I mean all over!!) My poor husband came home to a wife in tears and a completely messy house. And, of course, the twins were crying as they do every night at that time. Lucky for me...he rocks! He sent me upstairs to take a bath. I had time to think and refocus. I felt much better when I got back downstairs and was able to function again. So, today I am going to do better. I am not going to let all of these little (and even the big) things get to me! I am just not going to do it. I don't have time or energy in my day to waste being upset or frustrated about things I have no contol over! So, this is my goal for today. I am sure at some point I will have to refocus my energy again, but it will be worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beth you sure do have an awesome husband:) I hope that today has been a better day!
I understand. I totally do. This week has been a nightmare. Totally busy. Totally unorganized. Totally stressful. Yesterday I had complaints about spouse club and was trying to deal with our insurance. I finally went to Ben's office and just broke down. It wasn't my intention... I just couldnt help it any more. Life just gets hard sometimes. And your right, we just have to refocus. Good luck! And wish me the same, ben is on watch this weekend...
Post a Comment