Monday, October 22, 2007
Surviving Twins with Colic
Colic is a silly term. I know I have stated before that colic is just a fancy term for a baby who cries about the same time every day for no apparent reason! I never really bought into colic as an actual medical issue. I was wrong...it is. And it sucks! Now, I am sure colic with one baby is no fun, but with two it's a nightmare! We have tried everything. We borrowed a rocking chair from my mom....which helps. And when I say helps I just mean that they stop crying for a few minutes at a time. Then my wonderful mom (who would like me to keep my sanity) asked a pharmacist if there was anything we could do. (That was legal, of course!) His suggestion was to try gripe water. This has probably been the most affective treatment we have tried. They have calmed down a little. Life is a little more bearable now. What I would love to know is if anyone has any suggestions on dealing with colic. Is there anything else we can try? When do they "grow out" of this stage? (PLEASE say soon!!) I am tired....my sweet hubby is tired. This just can't go on much longer or we will be zombies. (Hey, I guess it's a good thing Halloween is coming!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like the new look! Ecspecially the quote on top!
As for colic,I have no idea. All I can say is I hope it gets better for you soon!
I tagged you on my blog, since you aren't busy at all!! :)
Colic is supposed to peak at 6 weeks after the baby's due date, and be pretty much over by around 3 months. How early were they born? Chances are, you are almost through.
As for calming babies, has anyone told you about white noise? I swear by it. Dryer, vacuum, bathroom fan, anything like that. If they're crying pretty crazy, you need to keep them really close to the source of the sound so that they can actually notice it and it can have its hypnotic effect.
Post a Comment