Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Fall Break, Day 2

So, here it is...Tuesday afternoon. Today hasn't gone as smoothly as yesterday. I took the boys with me to the store and it was almost a disaster. I think they find immense joy in driving me crazy in public. But, we survived and managed to get home with most of our composure. (at least on my part) Austin was complaining that he had a headache and, to be honest, I didn't think much of it. He fell asleep on the couch after eating part of his lunch. Then my mom called and asked if he was running a fever. I hadn't even thought to check. Once again proving I am the worse mom in the world!! The poor kid had a fever (again) of 101.8. Yikes!! After forcing some medicine and orange juice down his tiny little throat, he went back to sleep. I swear, the poor kid has been so sick since school started. I am really hoping this is a normal reaction to kindergarten. Hopefully it won't be as bad once Collin starts. We'll have already suffered through it!

On top of Austin being sick (did I mention again?!) Collin is crazy!! He wants my undivided attention all day. That just can't happen with a sick brother and 2 baby brothers. I have helped him build an awesome train track.(which really means I did it) I even played trains with him for awhile. (It felt like forever!!) It just isn't enough. He wants to be on my lap when I am feeding one of the twins. I don't know what to do with him. He usually is so good!!

The twins have been a little more cranky today than they normally are. Perhaps they sense all the craziness around them and decided it would be fun to join in!! I knew the entire week couldn't have gone as well as yesterday. It's good to have a dream....

No comments: