So, it's Monday and I am enjoying having all my boys home! Austin had a hard time understanding why dad had to go to work today. After all, it's fall break!! He is so funny!! Anyway, we are having fun hanging out. It's nice having Austin around to help with the babies and with Collin. He can get Collin his snack or juice. Because of that, I have gotten a ton of laundry done and I am most excited about that!!
We decided to start giving the boys chores. My mom got me this cool book that has fun ways to assign chores and it also tells what is appropriate for each age level to complete. We are going to give them a small allowance so we can also teach them the value of money. I am hoping they won't always ask for toys at Target because they will learn how much 20 bucks really is!! I am excited to get some help around the house, but I think I will have a hard time with patience. I get to the point where I think it's just easier to do it myself. So, it will be an adjustment allowing them to do it on their own. Lately my house has been such a mess that I figure any help I get will make an improvement!!
My friend Debi will be here Thursday. I am SO excited!! It will be nice to have an adult around to talk to during the day. I think Travis will appreciate me not calling him so much at work! Austin is excited too!! He loves his Aunt Debi!!
I will keep you posted on the chore progress!! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment