So, I was behind this car at a stoplight today that made me think of irony. This is why....
It was one of those cars with lots of bumper stickers on it! This particular hybrid vehicle had stickers about saving Mother Earth, the whales, the environment, etc. Then I noticed the strangest act. The driver tossed out their cigarette butt onto the street. Now, how is that saving the world? It's still litter even if it is tiny. If you are so concerned with saving the earth, shouldn't you lead by example? It made me think of all the people who tell us what we should do when they really have no leg to stand on. Like Al Gore and his Global Warming campaign. Lots of stars do it and I could go on for hours about it. It just cracks me. It's not like I never participate in this sort of hypocrisy. But mine is on a much smaller scale. You know.....telling your kids they can't do something that you turn around and do. Like playing the computer on Sunday's or having candy before dinner. Anyway, it just made me laugh and it made me think. Will people look at me and know what I stand for by my actions alone? If not, what can I do to change that? Boy, is that a long list!! But I am going to work on it! Harold B Lee was once quoted as saying "Be better than you were the day before." Isn't that the best we can do? Is to try and be better. So, before I rip apart this driver, I must step back and realize that he/she was and is doing the best they know how. And so am I.
So, what is my point? I don't really have one. And that is why I blog. So I can ramble on and on about nothing!! Have a happy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment